Why is there latency in online games?
During event times, it is common to see an increase in performance issues. This is due to the fact that there is a much larger player base, and because there are even more targets on the map at a time. Those two elements together make processing, particularly through an internet connection, a more strenuous task for the game. This is something that happens in all online games, and it’s not typically the fault of servers, player’s computers, or internet connection, although a weak internet connection and computer that doesn’t meet the minimum specifications can amplify these issues. These issues can present as stuttering movement on the world map, trouble with combat loading, or difficulty controlling fleets.
How to start troubleshooting-
It is highly recommended that you go through the Network Requirements and System Requirements troubleshooting articles to diagnose easy to solve connection/performance issues. Those can be found here:
If after confirming you meet all the game requirements and you’re still having issues, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Disable Hardware Acceleration: Click on the gear to see your settings, then click on the effects tab, then turn Hardware Acceleration to off.
- Turn off all effects: Click on the gear to see your settings, then click on the effects tab, then turn the effects to off.
- Don't play in full screen mode.
- Clear your browser cache. For steps how, check out this link https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache
- Unplug your modem/router for a minute, then plug them back in. This is good to do on a regular basis for network equipment.
Our game team is committed to improving game performance and stability. This is by no means a small task and can be a very complex problem to solve. You can assist in this by including some basic information in your Support Requests.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that your request includes the following information:
- The Name and level of the target in the TITLE of your request
- User ID of any players involved
- Battle logs (if applicable)
- Screenshots of Error messages
If you’re unsure how to take a screenshot, check out: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
Make sure to leave it uncropped so the date and time are shown!
This information will help us to solve these performance issues much faster.