Most connectivity issues are temporary, caused by minor interruptions in your signal. It’s usually nothing to worry about; this is the Internet, after all! While many things can cause lag, disconnects, loading and performance issues, there are some simple steps you can take that can reduce how often you experience performance errors and connection issues:
1. Disable Hardware Acceleration. To do this right click in the game, and select settings, click the bottom left tab (looks like monitor) and then uncheck the box labeled "Enable Hardware Acceleration"
2. Turn off all effects: Click on the gear to see your settings, then click on the effects tab, then turn the effects to off.
3. Don't play in full screen mode.
4. Clear your browser cache. For steps how, check out this Guide for clearing your browser cache.
5. Make sure you're not running any other programs in the background while playing Battle Pirates (Skype, pop-up blockers, etc.).
6. Restart your router and modem.
7. Don’t connect to your network using wi-fi; instead, connect to your modem with a cable.
These are just preliminary steps; they'll solve most people's problems, but not everyone's. Most lag issues are temporary, so if you're still having lag issues after trying these steps, you might be experiencing some ongoing connection issues. You can perform the tests outlined earlier in this article to check!